I like Coke. A lot. I also like Dr. Pepper. Both of these drinks have the unique ability to make me happy- especially if they have caffeine in them. I know I shouldn't be drinking Coke, but I needed a little help with the decision making process.
Therefore, I have complied a pro/con list of the happy things and bad things about Coke. This should help me to decide if I should drink Coke or not. So here we go:
CONS:
-One bottle/cup gives you 100 percent of your recommended daily intake of sugar
-It causes your blood sugar to spike and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.
-The caffeine, 30 to 55 mg, causes your pupils to dilate, your blood pressure to rise, and your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.
-It has as many as 150+ empty calories.
-Is loaded with artificial food colors and other unhealthy ingredients.
- Soda is your largest source of dangerous high-fructose corn syrup (not the kind in Popsicles that they are desperately trying to promote on TV)
-It can be used to dissolve things or clean rust or blood stains off highways, so obviously it doesn't belong in the body.
-It's bad for you.
-They are addictive and can be habit forming.
Ok, that is 8 solid reasons. Now lets have the PRO list...
PROS:
-It helps settle the stomach, so it is practically medicinal.
-It helps get rid of headaches, so it is practically medicinal.
-It cleans toilets well.
-The fizzy/bubbly goodness cannot be beat.
-It refreshes you.
-It gives you energy when you are feeling tired.
-It tastes SO good.
-It goes well with ANY meal, it is versatile.
-It tastes so stinking good.
Well, those are 9 solid reasons in the PRO list... I guess Coke wins! Yay! :-)
2 comments:
You should look into small 'microbrew' colas by independent brewers. They are a little more expensive but well worth it.
http://artofmanliness.com/2009/02/28/soda-review-which-is-the-best-cola/
Red Rock and Boylans are my favorites on that list. Boylans can be found at Smiths.
Also, you don't have as much to worry about as you think: http://snopes.com/cokelore/cokelore.asp
I just discovered your blog (and so I will now follow you for eternity :)... and this is my fave post. I agree with all the Pros and choose NOT to acknowledge the cons. I heart Dr. P also (Coke...not so much), but insert "mountain dew" and this post would be Purrr-fect.
Post a Comment