Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Houses

So recently I've been looking at houses.  This recent interest in having a house has been inspired by someone who likewise enjoys looking at houses.  It is weird, but until I started looking at houses and sitting around and imagining how I would decorate it and what changes I would make and all of the perks of having a house (as opposed to renting) I didn't realize how much I really want a house as a place of my own.  

In a house you are paying money to go towards a mortgage instead of just paying money that goes into the wild blue yonder.  In a house you don't HAVE to worry about nasty roommates.  In a house you get to decorate it the way you want to.  In a house you are working towards making it a HOME instead of just living there until you find another place to live.  

Recently I went with someone to look at a house in Alpine.  It was adorable!  A decent sized house with a cute floor plan.  IT is made of white brick and has blue shutters and accents on the house.  I loved it! :-)  It also has a half of an acre in the back.  It is perfect!  The house needs some work and it would take a bit of money to fix it up, but at the same time: it would be something I'd be working to fix up for ME.  

I want a house.  Now that the thought is in my head I can't get it out.  *Sigh*  Maybe someday?  Maybe soon? I don't rightly know....

No comments: