I haven't blogged for a while so you might see a lot of posts over the next few days as I catch up on the events of life...
My job is going well. :-) I work as an administrative assistant in an office full of financial advisers. I am loving my job and I am starting to really love the company that I work for (Allegis Financial Partners). Now the office that I work in is mostly males but they are great guys who are very honest and straightforward. I've come to really like every single one of them (and there are 11 in the office that I work in).
Now I will admit that I was a little worried about how working for this company would be- I have been exposed to various types of so-called "financial" companies. Primerica, Alli, and a number of others that have cropped up all over Utah. In fact, while interviewing for jobs I was regularly exposed to these companies and even went as far as to find out through interviews and so forth what these companies were all about. I really was highly un-impressed with about 3 other financial companies that I interviewed for. The biggest reason for my distaste was because many of these companies are very multi-level marketing structured. In addition to being very multi-level marketing structured most of these companies had a specific set of benefits, a type of insurance, or other financial opportunities that they offered through their own company (companies that had been around for just a few years).
Unlike all of those other companies that seem unstable and shaky, Allegis Financial Partners seems much more secure. Allegis has their agents sit down with the clients and discuss their financial situations. Many of the agents try to teach their clients good financial practices and ways to save, to get out of debt, and to just make sure that you can accomplish financial security. It is only after going over with the clients what their financial situation is that the agent will begin to talk to them about ways to improve their financial situation and security- be that through insurance policies to protect your family or through IRAs or other investments. The nice thing about Allegis is that though they do have a specific insurance company that they mainly do their business through (an excellent and stable company that has been around for years and years) the agents at Allegis have the flexibility to write policies or to do investments through whichever insurance company is going to be the best for their clients.
That being said- I have seen the agents do the math. Looking at the rates and possibilities that are available through OneAmerica verses through other companies and OneAmerica truly seems to be a really great company (even though they are not well known). I also find it impressive that the agents here write most of their business through OneAmerica because it is the best for their clients (instead of writing business through other companies where the agents would be able to make more commission).
Anyway! So at my job I generate reports on each of the agents and their progress, I check applications and paperwork for completion and then submit the paperwork, I follow up on the paperwork and get anything that is missing for needed further, and just other odds and ins around the office to make sure that things are running smoothly. It is a fun job mostly because the people I work with are very enjoyable.
Oh- and our company is hiring new agents for our office so if you know anyone that would be interested then send them my way. They don't have to know a ton about finances because the managers and other people in our office are more than willing and able to help them to learn. :-) I'd work here as an agent except I'm not a huge fan of doing "sales." LoL I'm content with my admin job.... for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment