Let it be said that Mark Boivin is a mastermind of a proposer.
My sister Brittany was getting married July 29th and having her reception on July 30, 2010. So of course I flew out to North Carolina on July 27th and was saddened to leave my wonderful boyfriend behind in Utah. I begged and pleaded with him to come to North Carolina with me but he sternly told me that he needed to be in Utah for work and that he had to work on school stuff. While I enjoyed spending time with my soon to be married sister, I still missed Mark while in North Carolina. The day of the wedding ceremony there was a luncheon for family and friends who would be attending the ceremony. About half way through the luncheon I was tapped on the shoulder and asked if I needed some more water. I had to do a double take and then gasped and jumped into his arms as I realized that it was Mark standing there with a pitcher of water.
But at this point there was still no proposal and no proposal to be thought of! As the maid of honor, I had warned Mark that nothing was to take away from my sister's special week of getting married. Around 9:30PM on July 30th, in a beautifully decorated reception hall, it was finally deemed time for the beautiful bride to toss the bouquet to all the single women. I was right in front and hoping to catch the bouquet (as Mark and I had been dating for nearly 10 months and I was hoping that catching it would be a not-so-subtle hint of what I wanted). Right before the bride (Brittany) threw the bouquet she turned around and tossed it right to me! However, in an epic battle, my cousin jumped violently in front of me and grabbed the bouquet out of my hands. I then saw the bride look over and make a face into the audience.
Slightly disappointed, I turned to go find my handsome boyfriend and was shocked to see someone handing him a microphone. He proceeded to say that I was supposed to have caught the bouquet but that things do not always go as planned. I stood dumbfounded in front of all of my family and friends as Mark dropped to one knee and proceeded to tell me how much he loved me and to ask me to marry him. I gasped that of course I would, yes, yes! He kissed me and put the ring on my finger and they proceeded to dance together as a newly engaged couple.
The bride, the wedding party, and the entirety of my family had known exactly what he was planning for the past couple weeks! It was a perfect night and a perfect proposal.
3 comments:
Congratulations!
Congratulations Courtney!
Mark is so sweet! And apparently really good at keeping secrets...it's impressive that your family never slipped up! I KNOW mine would have.
Post a Comment