When you have a lot to do it seems like time passes very quickly. As I am supposed to be getting a wedding planned: it seems like I do not have nearly the time that I would really want to get everything planned. It also seems pretty true that planning a wedding long distance is a rather difficult task.
I will be getting married in North Carolina on December 29th and then we will have the reception on December 30th. Hopefully we will have an open house out in Utah one of the first weekends in January. I'm terribly excited and extremely happy! :-)
We've decided for the most part on the venue, the wedding colors (red and white), I've picked out my dress (YAY: from Alyssa's Bridal in Orem, they really have the best prices around and it is my dream dress), we've ordered the bridesmaid dresses in a beautiful red, my mom has a wedding photographer picked out back in NC, and I have an appointment to have my engagement pictures taken next Wednesday with a guy from Creative Light Media (an excellent photographer- I LOVE his work). I think I've picked out the wedding invitations but I have to wait to see how the engagement pictures turn out for the specific style I want. And so forth...
I really didn't realize how many things you have to consider with planning a wedding. It really wouldn't take nearly as long but everything depends on someone else's schedule and time frame (which is what takes the most time). If it were up to me: everything would already be planned. But it isn't just up to me- it takes decisions, help, and information from my future husband, my mom, my mom-in-law, and various other people. Some days I actually start to feel a bit stressed out about the whole thing. But then my wonderful fiance reminds me that it is a wedding and should be celebrated and not stressed over!
I guess with all of the decisions that have been made and will be made there is only one decision that really matters: my choice of husband. I feel pretty confident (on most days... LoL) about that decision and I know that it really is the only decision that will make a different in the years to come. So bring on the wedding plans! I can take it... and thanks to everyone's help in my life I just KNOW that it is going to be a fabulous wedding. :-)

1 comment:
It's going to be amazing, fabulous, beautiful, and joyous. You bring the groom and mom'll do the rest ;) I'm super excited for you!! You'll love being married and a wedding is just so much fun and happiness...looking at pictures and thinking about your wedding kinda makes me want to do our wedding over again so I can experience all that awesomeness again :)
Post a Comment