Sunday, May 30, 2010

As time moves forward...

Life has been good to me lately.  Really good... I now have a job that is more conducive to what I want.  I found an excellent position as an administrative assistant at a financial company that is 30 hours a week.  I actually really enjoy the position and think that I will enjoy being there for a long period of time.  Everyone is really nice, the work is interesting enough to keep my brain going, and since the last secretary was not really organized it means that I get to organize everything to how I want it to be.  :-) Me likey.  And while I miss actually having money to spend (because you don't make tons of money at a position with fewer hours than full time) this will be good for helping me to achieve my goal of getting a master's degree.  Thirty hours a week will give me time to be able to work on school assignments.  I hope to be starting classes in the fall (late August) for the School Counseling program.  So after 2 1/2 years in this program I will be qualified to do counseling in the public (or private I guess) school system.  This type of position is exactly what I want- even though it took me a while to figure it out.  I'd be able to really and truly put to use my degree and I would be able to work with children on a non-teaching level.  Also, if I have this job while my children are in school then I will be able to be home with them in the afternoons after they get home.  I'm a big believer in the theory that kids need supervision in the afternoons even when they are teenagers.

In addition to having a new job that I really enjoy and look forward to, I'm enjoying having fun with my sweetheart of a boyfriend who is far kinder to me than I deserve.  I'll be the first one to admit that I tend to get frustrated with things and to take it out on the people around me (aka: Mark).  But he is patient and quick to forget and this is exactly what I need/want in a man.  I don't know how on earth I was lucky enough to find him.  He is a good man- works hard, has goals, easy to get along with and to talk to, so sweet and tender, clean, inteligent, he has a mischevious side, and will eat anything that I put in front of him.  I had a boyfriend in the past that I very seriously thought about marrying- and when things didn't work out I wondered if I would ever find a man who matched him.  Well, now I realize and understand that Mark is so much better to me and for me than he was.  At the time it seemed like I was doomed to settle for less with anyone else but Mark really is exactly what I need.  Now me and Mark are talking about getting married and I'm happy and content with life.

So time is certainly moving forward.  Steadily as it always does.  But gladly it is moving forward and I am progressing- which is making me happier than I can remember being in a long time.  It is amazing what a good job, plans for the future, and the most wonder boyfriend ever can do to lighten the load and to make life seem bright.  I thank my lucky stars...

2 comments:

Shaylee said...

I liked this post. I'm glad everything is going so great for you!

Amanda said...

Hey there wonderful cuz! I'm glad you've become an official follower of our blog because it led me to yours. I'm so happy that life is so sunshiny for you. Should you ever find the time in your busy life, we need to get together! Caleb (as you can see) is so much bigger since the last time we saw you, and I would love to meet this amazing man of yours :) Love you!