Last weekend me and my roommates were desperate for a little time outside to just not be inside or thinking about the frustrations of life. Therefore, we formed a quick and impromptu BBQ group to head up the canyon on Saturday for the needed distraction.
It was a little random but I think it turned out well. We had hamburgers and hot dogs, chips and sides, a Frisbee, and a pinata. The canyon was beautiful! It was the perfect temperature outside and the green grass of the park was covered with bright yellow/golden leaves from the numerous trees. I loved to go up and to be able to see the canyon in "fall-mode." In fact, I am hoping to go back up early this afternoon (provided the weather is good) so that I can take a few pictures.
Overall, I thought the BBQ went well. :-) It would have been better if there was a bit more congruency between the people there (there were several people that did not know each other). But it was fun and provided the needed/wanted distraction from the preceding week. I do wish that everyday could be as lovely as that one.
This BBQ made me miss, more than anything, the picnics that me and my sister used to throw. We'd gather up friends, roommates, and relations and head over to a park or up the canyon on Sundays. Instead of having an organized food list we'd throw whatever was handy into a bowl and bring it along! I remember one time we made 3 boxes of macaroni and cheese, dumped it into a large plastic cooking bowl and took it with us! We'd have sandwiches, random fruits or veggies, and just whatever looked good to us when we were throwing together food. We'd sit around for hours and talk and lay in the sun or play in the water (water fountains in the park and streams if we were in the canyon). Those were the days... and I miss them dearly.
1 comment:
Awww! I miss those days too. Why don't you come home to NC and we'll have a picnic here? I'll find you a guy and bring Jacob and it'll be like old times only better because there'll be lots of luscious green trees. I have the perfect park. There are even ducks to feed...a whole herd of them (what are groups of ducks called anyways?). And swans. Miss your face!!
Post a Comment