I have an excellent job and I'm very happy at it!
For a while I couldn't find a job for the LIFE of me. But suddenly the job offers started pouring in. It was amazing really... It never rains. There is either a drought or it pours. Life isn't totally fair but now that I have a job I can't complain. LoL I actually got a job offer or two that would put me making more money than I currently am- but this job was working in an environment that I sincerely love! Much more than other jobs that I could have had.
The job that I decided on was an executive secretary position for an online marketing company. There are a number of guys who own/operate/run this company and I do their grunt work. Haha. But it works for me! I enjoy it... I fill out applications, do random odds and ins, get the mail, follow up with different accounts, handle charge-backs, set up interviews, and anything else they need me to do.
For some weird reason "assisting" really works for me. I enjoy doing that type of work and being in charge of organizing. I enjoy getting things and tasks done. Fun stuff! A strange side effect of having this job is that it has sparked my interest in business. I'm really enjoying learning about merchant accounts and starting new corporations. I'm interested in the politics of it and how it is done. So much that I"m actually considering looking into getting a MBA. Instead of social work or psychology as my masters- why not get a masters in business? Maybe all of this stuff is more interesting than I give it credit for. LoL
We'll have to see how it goes. But for now I enjoy assisting these busy men who have far too much going on. I've even done laundry and dishes for them... not particularly because they asked me to but because they don't do them and I'm a bit OCD about things like that. It happens. Haha. Anyway- I'm happy and I have a job and I'm getting paid. Yay for jobs!
No comments:
Post a Comment