This weekend ended up being a lot of fun! It was a pretty busy one for Mark (he had training for a new job) but we still got to spend some really fun time together. Mark, in celebration of his new job installing satellite dishes, took me to a wonderful dinner at the Macaroni Grill (one of our favorite places because of the good food and the ability to draw on the table cloths). Afterwards we noticed that there was a really fun looking "carnival" type thing going on across the parking lot. So we moseyed over to see what was going on.
The first thing we noticed were these HUGE mules (donkey + horse = mule). They were like 7-8 feet tall! Their names were Howard Huge and Harry Large (which we found to be ridiculously funny). We fed them and petted them and enjoyed their stinkieness.
Next we went on a horse and buggy ride! The buddy was pulled by 2 beautiful Clydesdale horses. It was relaxing and fun and there was enough wind to keep us nice and cool. I sat on a saddle they had to signify the horse and buggy ride.
Finally at the little street carnival, Mark got to practice lassoing things. He actually got fairly decent at it too! He practiced on a bale of hay that had a plastic cow head stuck on the top. After he started getting pretty good at it he set his sights to lassoing me. I didn't protest too much and eventually he caught me! I love going to outdoor events like this. I thought it was fun that I just happened to stumble upon the activity. I should see if I can find a rodeo or such for us to go have fun at on future weekends!



1 comment:
That sounds like a mighty fun date...the perfect time to propose...just saying ;)
Post a Comment