Do you remember how back in the day they would have young boys sing in church choirs? Or how they would have young boys play the role of females in the theater? Well I'm starting to wonder if that popular trend is somehow returning although I wish it would stay dead.
As I've been scourging iTunes for some new music to fill my ipod with I have noticed that young boys with high pitched voices have tons of new songs and albums on iTunes. And who is their leader? Justin Biber! Does anyone else find it ever so more than slightly annoying and disturbing to hear this little boy with his high pitched voice sing men's songs? Seriously though: I cannot tell the difference between his voice and the voice of a young female. So when I hear him sing "love" songs or otherwise I just can't help but laugh because I feel like I'm listening to a lesbian sing about her love life.
I realize that many singers have gotten their start at an early age: Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, etc. But at least young females actually sound like their gender and most of the younger male singers wait until their voices change. *shudder* I have no desire to listen to the vocal stylings of a 15 year old who hasn't hit puberty yet.
Please iTunes... world... please do me a favor and stifle the popularity of Justin Biber and all of the younguns who have cropped up because of him. At least wait until they can properly pull off sounding like a boy instead of sounding like they have their sister in the closet singing their songs for them.
1 comment:
Yeah, that one song where he talks about buying a girl "any ring" makes me laugh...how's a 15 (sounds more like 13) year-old kid going to propose? Silly, still the song is catchy.
Post a Comment