I've just about had it with movie "previews" these days. When did it become common practice for a movie preview to give away the ENTIRE plot of the movie? Come on film makers! You've got to leave a little mystery. You've got to leave the audience wanting more. Instead we are given a complete play by play of the entire movie which leaves you feeling like you already could have seen the movie.
I have literally been able to have an entire conversation about a movie (and I held my end of the conversation up very well) simply based on seeing trailers. Previews often show you some of the funniest parts of the movie in the movies. That way you've already seen them and so seeing them in the movie is not nearly as exciting. But my BIGGEST pet peeve is when they go ahead and show you the ending of the movie. Just to name 2: The Karate Kid and Letters to Juliet. The previews ruined both of those movies. You know the woman in Letters to Juliet finds her man and you know exactly who falls in love. And you see exactly the types of struggles and the end result of everything that will happen in the Karate Kid (including scenes from the final "battle" and him winning in the end). I mean, we all knew these things were going to happen but they have to remove all doubt by showing them to us before we ever step foot in the theater to see the movie?
Boo on movie previews. I like to be surprised.
2 comments:
Oh, I agree. Even the Twilight preview gave everything away. I know that I've read the book, but there are hundreds of people who have not and it totally gave everything away. Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks (or so)!!
I know! More and more it is like movie companies feel inclined to make the preview more exciting by literally making it a mini-version of the actual movie. Instead of just a small sample. Gimme the small sample back so that I can actually have suspense during movies!!
And I'm excited to see you too sister. :-)
Post a Comment