Thursday, April 8, 2010

Planes Fly...

The past 2 weekends have been rather eventful and I thought I'd blog about them. :-) Two weekends ago we visited the Hill Air Force Base Museum up in like the Ogden area. There were tons of HUGE planes and we got to go right up to them. It was Mark's chance to impress me (and he did) by telling me what each plane was called before we looked at the sign. I'm not sure if that means he has a great wealth of plane knowledge or because he had been there SO many times with his dad (who is a pilot) that he just had them all memorized. They had a few things that we could actually sit on and touch and so we did! The following is me sitting in a big tire and mark sitting in some sort of chair that they use in planes for when the chair gets shot out of the plane!














After we went to the museum we went over to meet Mark's family! This was my first time meeting them and I must say that I was fairly nervous. They have a beautiful house (and clean! yay!) up in Roy though and everyone (his mom, dad, and younger sister) were so nice. We got to sit around and talk for a couple hours. I wasn't totally on my "game" because I was recovering from being sick but I still really enjoyed myself. Especially his dad who was hilarious and has a French accent because he was raised in a French speaking part of Canada. LoL The pictures below are from right before we got together with his family when we took the family dog Phoebe for a walk. It was a beautiful day outside- perfect for a stroll.
















Then this past weekend (the first weekend in April) we had the please of spending our first LDS General Conference and our first Easter holiday together! We had a great time I must say. Conference was fabulous. On Friday night we got together with some friends of Mark's (and some fast becoming friends of mine) and we did some traditional egg dying. Well, me and Monica dyed eggs while the boys watched ice hockey and played on the Wii. We finally got them to do a few eggs (Mark was hilarious and drew Homer Simpson on one of the eggs) and the boys got us over where we played a couple rounds of Wii games. It was a great night!











Then on Saturday we watched the first session of General Conference and then headed up to Cottenwood Heights where I was introduced to some really good friends of Mark. It was a big family of people who mostly live in Canada. Mark originally met them because he played ice hockey with 2 guys from this family but later when he was traveling up in Canada to work he got to know the rest of the family really well and even stayed with them for a while. He's known these people for years and they were really sweet about inviting me to be around their family. :-) We got to go shooting on Saturday and then on Sunday we were invited up for an Easter dinner with them!

The past couple weekends I feel like I've really gotten to know more about Mark's family and his friends, they are good people and good company so it was fun times all around. I do love spending time with Mark and the more I meet the people in his life the more I feel like I know about him.

No comments: