Saturday, March 13, 2010

Why I HATE Bank of America

Recently, I have had the displeasure of attempting to work with the fascist and idiotic company that deceives its clients by masquerading itself as a company of "freedom"- based on our very nation's good name. What is this terrible, awful, no good, very bad company? Bank of America.

At my work I have been working with Bank of America on behalf of a number of their customers. Let me just say that I am appalled with the performance of their employees and the way their company is structured in general.

Therefore I present you with a number of reasons that I would suggest that you never, ever bank with Bank of America. (Trust me- this bank will NEVER have my business!) I will put them in order (8 being the most superficial reason and 1 being the most pertinent reason).

8. Their hold "noises" suck. Sometimes they don't even have the decency to have hold music. Not that the hold music they DO have is any good but they have odd tones or even simply a voice that says "please wait," "please wait," over and over.

7. The automated system asks you to put in your account information. Why? What does this do? When you finally get to talk to someone about your account it isn't like they have your information pulled up. So why? Also, even if you know what department you need to be speaking with they often will not transfer you before verifying all of your personal information. Booo... stupid. Let me talk to someone and figure out if they are the person I need to speak with BEFORE I put in all that information. They usually end up transferring me anyway after I give them all the personal information.

6. Their employees are "transfer-happy." I cannot tell you how many times I talk to someone who tells me that I am speaking with the wrong department. When I finally get through to the department that they tell me I should be speaking with they tell me that I need to speak with a different department. Sometimes it gets to the point where you have to insist that they not transfer you or that they stay on the line with you until you get another live person- but by then of course you've pissed off the person you are speaking with.

5. Around 2 out of 5 times when the employees of this bank transfer me to another department I am disconnected during the transfer. It's practically a joke. When I finally am able to speak with a representative I almost get panicked when they say that they are going to transfer me- because I know there is a good possibility that I will not make it to the next person.

4. Their hold times are ridiculously long and tedious. The average time that I am on hold from the time that I dial their number until the time I actually am able to speak with a representative is generally at least 12 minutes. However, I have been on hold as long as 35 minutes.

3. The people who work there often times sound annoyed, tired, or unhappy to be speaking with you from the moment that they pick up the phone. Seriously: the representatives that work with you on the phone SUCK. They must pick up any ole person/weirdo off the street to work for them and to give access to your personal information.

2. They record all of their calls but do not “participate” in recorded calls. Do you want to know how I found this out? I was so frustrated that everyone was giving me different information that I finally said “well I have a recorded call on this date where we were told this….” The man on the phone immediately told me that a recorded phone call would be inadmissible in any court and that if I was recording calls then he was going to have to disconnect the call. And then he did. The only way that I can understand that procedure of Bank of America has is by assuming that they realize that their employees (not all, but most of them) SUCK and therefore they do not want to be held accountable for what their idiotic employees tell people over the phone.

1. Employees at Bank of America do not bother to look through your online files to find out the truth. They might look at a piece of information from back in October of last year and then proceed to recite that to you as if it were the current facts of the situation- when it is now March! Also, I can only assume that many of their employees are simply not sufficiently trained. I can call in to Bank of America and ask 4 different employees the EXACT SAME QUESTION and get 4 very different answers. It is slightly ridiculous. Not only that but if you tell them what another person had told you a few days before and ask where that information came from- I’ve been told “I’m sorry, they must have given you the wrong information,” only to find out later that THAT person is the one who told me incorrect information.

If you need any other reason then go to youtube and watch the video called "Why I Was Fired From Bank of America." A woman actually was fired from that company because she was actually trying to help the customers. Oh yes my friends- this bank really is a source of evil.

I'm not entirely sure how this company stays in business when they have such awful customer service and business practices, I can only assume it is because most people don't know that there are better banks out there. If you want to get a mortgage on your home and might actually one day want good customer service- I would recommend Citi Mortgage. There are a few others but Citi Mortgage impresses me the most.

That is my rant. And this is the end. I feel a bit better now.... of course that feeling will leave the next time I get on the phone with Bank of America again. *SHUDDER*

No comments: