Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Adventures in Heber

I'm catching up just a bit... so the events recorded in this particular blogging episode happened a couple weekends ago. Me and Mark started talking one Saturday morning and decided to drive to Heber to eat at this awesome lil restaurant called "Dairy Keen." This is actually a restaurant that I had eaten at many many moons ago when I was a kid. I remember coming out to Utah to go to EFY and a family of a friend kept us at their home in Heber for a few nights. While there they took us to that very restaurant! It was the first time/place that I ever had fry sauce (and I loved it).

So away we went! Driving through Provo Canyon so that we could reach our destination and enjoy the spoils of our trip. It was beautiful up in the canyon- we saw snow covered trees and Bridal Veil falls and that big frozen lake that you pass on your way to Heber (there were tons of people ice fishing on it). We didn't stop though! We had a destination to get to...

Dairy Keen is a cute little hamburger joint that has a "train" theme inside. They also have fabulous hamburgers in my own opinion. :-) However, I would recommend that you get the tater tot sticks rather than the french fries (although both are tasty). I would also recommend that you spend a penny and put it in this funny lookin' machine that tells you your weight and a fortune. LoL Me and Mark did it each about 4-5 times. We also think the scale was a little off and that it was showing us as lighter than we really are- so it is flattering too!
Another great thing about this restaurant was that it has LEGOS and toy TRAINS for you to play with! In addition to a toy train that runs around the celine. It was a hilariously fun restaurant and me and Mark ended up playing there for about an hour after we actually finished eating our food. Much worth the drive and now another reason fond memory that I have or Dairy Keen!

















1 comment:

Brittany said...

Mark looks like he came straight out of the 70s, haha. I like the haircut in the next pictures.

PS. I want to go to Dairy Keen and play with the legos next time I am in Utah. Jake wants us to go to conference in the fall, so maybe we'll be able to hang out together then.