Sunday, February 28, 2010

Last Hockey Game of the Season

After many many moons of hockey games, the season for BYU ice hockey has finally ended. In a way I am glad and in a way I am sad! I've loved going to hockey games. This year I've felt even more invested in watching hockey as my relationship with Mark has grown. It is wonderful to be able to go to hockey games and to watch him and cheer him on! Then afterwards we are able to go and talk about the events of the game (what was good, what was bad about it). It is a very nice "tradition" and activity that me and Mark are able to enjoy. I also know that Mark *loves* ice hockey. So I'm happy to support him in an activity that enables him to get out of the house and work hard and be around other like-minded guys. Oh- and I also must mention the women that I've been sitting with/around at the hockey games. Other girlfirends and some wives of other team memebers. They are hilarious and so stinking sweet! I'll really miss seeing those girls on a regular basis. LoL

On a more selfish note: I'm a bit glad that hockey has ended. This means that I now have the opportunity to actually go on dates in the evenings with Mark. :-) Before hockey ended he was busy on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights. I'm not going to lie- I'm looking forward to seeing more of him! Especially now that it is warming up and we'll be able to go and do more activities outside. That'll be a real treat.

So the season ended on a high note! After a few terrible defeats the weekends before to rivals that they really should have won against, they were able to come through and win the last 2 games against Boise. Of course, I should mention that this season has been absolutely terrible for injuries. We've had pulled muscles, concussions, broken bones, and a lot of other injuries which have made it seem like every game we've been missing a handfull of players. It wasn't the best season for BYU (lets be honest, it was a terrible season) and Mark has declared that this will be his last season of BYU ice hockey. But you never know! I know I'll always encourage him to do what he loves- and he sure does love ice hockey.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Cute pictures. I want to go to an ice hockey game....it's been a million years since my last one.