Saturday, July 13, 2013

Jumping Back In

I think that I am in the mood to start blogging again.  It has been quite a while since I have blogged regularly but I think I should try harder to make it more of an effort.

Things are going well!  I'm very happy with my job- I have hopes and desires for future job growth.  I am now living in a new place that I like very much.  A town home with a wonderful girl who owns it.  There is a pool and a club house at the new place- I love having the pool nearby!  I'm trying to spend more time in the sunshine and the water.

I have been quite sick this past week but yesterday night was a dear friend's wedding reception last night.  I took some tylenol and dragged myself there anyway.  It was a beautiful event.  Held in the back yard of her groom's grandmother's home which was beautifully decorated and landscaped.  They greeted their guests and soon after they had a lovely ring ceremony where the parents all spoke and then the bride and groom spoke a bit about their courtship.  Afterwards that had a tasty assortment of food on a fabulously designed plate.  There was mingling and pictures that were followed by the cutting of the cake and then dancing.

The thing that struck me the most was how happy the two of them looked.  They were gazing at each other with the happiest of expressions the entire time.  It was such a blissfully happy event for the two of them.

I do hope that someday I will have that.  Somehow, seeing the beauty and the happiness, rather brought back that desire in me to actually find someone.  I think I had lost that for a while after my engagement didn't work out.

As I have many times- I will once again rededicate myself to the things that I know I should be doing more of in my life.  Reading more, learning more, writing more, and going out and making more friends.

And now I am dedicating myself to writing about it much more often than I previously have been.  We'll see how long my resolve lasts but I have faith in myself.   :-)

No comments: