I recently took a quick trip back to NC- it was amazing to be able to spend some time with family. I didn't realize how much I had missed them (I knew I missed them, I just didn't realize how much). It is strange how much more you appreciate your family when they aren't around all the time. I got to spend some time with my mom chatting and running errands. I got to chat and hang out with my little sister who is getting ready to get married in December (we got to hang out with her fiancee as well and it was good to get it know him better- I found out he is really good at card tricks). Me and my older sister spent some good time together while I doted on my nephew Thomas! He is an amazing baby and I love that little man so stinking much. I can hardly believe how big he is getting- it seems like it was just a few months ago that he was born and he is already a year old. In addition I got to see my sister and my aunt's new townhouses- they have bought these adorable little townhouses that leave me jealous. My aunt and I were able to catch up and hang out a little- I got to hear all about what she is up to lately. I even had a couple really good talks with my busy father.
While I was there we had a big family party where we had a number of cousins, aunts, uncles, and my grandparents come visit and hang out together. Something about being surrounded by family is just so comfortable. We also took some family pictures which I *hope* turned out really well- hopefully I'll get to see them somewhat soon. That did make me feel a little bit like the "odd man out" seeing about both sisters now have a man by their side. The photographer kept having a hard time knowing where to put me since I was the odd duck out. Alas... I fear it will be that way for a good little bit since I do not seem to be anywhere even near marriage these days.
We also got to celebrate my momma's birthday while home! We took her out to eat and told all sorts of stories about her and then got her favorite dessert (Dairy Queen) and opened gifts. I got her some different little products to test out- some stuff that is supposed to help relieve pain (essential oils) and some stuff that is supposed to make your eyelashes grow thicker and longer- my mom has beautiful eyes and loves making her eyelashes thick and beautiful so I was hoping the gift was fitting.
The trip went by far too fast but it was really good- just what I needed. I little vacation to get out and to evaluate things and to clear my head. Sometimes you really need something like that. I'm back in Utah now though- back to living by myself and needing to manage my time and resources better. I'm working on it. I can do it. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment