Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring is Here!

It is a wet and rainy day.  I am home from work because I am sick (yay?) for the third time this year.  My immune system has some explaining to do...  And I figured that since it has been a while since I last posted that I better get on with it.

Life is flying by.  I cannot believe that later this week will be the start of April.  I have NOT done my taxes yet and I have yet to complete a number of things that I told myself I would have gotten done by now.  I did sign up for a gym out here.  I really loved working out at Gold's Gym in Utah and since I've been home I've been a lazy bum... then I found out that I qualify for a free gym membership at an extremely ghetto gym in downtown Greenville.  Happiness!  So I've been 3-4 times a week for the past 3 weeks and plan to continue in this pattern.  I can already tell I'm getting in better shape and it is extremely encouraging.  I put on some holiday/break-up weight and it is nice to know that it is finally starting to come back off.  Yeah baby!

Work is work... I enjoy it.  The people are fun, I enjoy the customers, the interaction, the fact that there is tons to learn.  I was recently talking to a friend of mine who hates their job and it makes me appreciate mine all the more.  My sister's husband is planning to come join me in a few months so that should make things even more enjoyable as I very much so enjoy his company and think that he would be a sharp and good worker.  I already get to work with my dad and my aunt- and my heavens my auntie keeps a smile on my face.  I always fancied myself as relatively close to my aunt but this has been a really good chance to get even closer to her.  I love it!

I will soon be joining the ranks of aunt-hood.  My sister recently had the ultrasound revealing that she will be having a baby BOY in August.  Just so that everyone understands how incredibly in-tune I am: back in December before I came back to North Carolina I had the urge to go buy my sister a little baby outfit with the BYU logo on it.  I bought an adorable little blue one and decided to give it to her for Christmas.  Now this was BEFORE my sister even knew she was pregnant.  About a week before Christmas my sister announced to everyone that she was pregnant so my gift became much more relevant.  Now that the baby is confirmed as a boy I have decided to open up my own psychic shop because it is terribly apparent that I have a gift.  I'll post the website as soon as it is ready.  ;-)

I've made some wonderful friends here in North Carolina.  My friend Lizzy the Brazilian, and likely to be leaving me to return to Brazil soon, is an angel and keeps me smiling and laughing.  She is always sweet and smiling and always interested in my life while I am interested in hers (because her's is much more entertaining)!!  My friend Amber is a sweetie who makes me feel loved and I make sure she feels loved as well... she is a beautiful little thing who is just as wholesome a girl as you've ever seen and extremely talented.  Me and her recently went to a Hurricanes ice hockey game in Raleigh (her first hockey game) and I taught her all the important hockey facts.  My friend Katie is a bundle of laughs and always manages to leave me giggling.  Me, Katie, and Lizzy have had some crazy and amazing girls' nights out.  While I love these female friends- Lizzy and Katie are often busy and/or out of town and Amber lives a good 45 minutes away.  So that leaves the majority of my free time to my friend Brett.   Brett is the one keeping me sane as he spends time with me during the weekdays.  A bit quiet and very talented professional BMX rider who is a goof ball and makes me smile on a regular basis.  Most of my free time is spent with him either watching him ride, beating him at foosball and air-hockey, having him beat my butt at pool, or other various activities.  It is nice to have a stable person in my life to spend time with and he has really been helping me transition to living here in North Carolina where I really don't have a good close group of friends to hang out with or count on like I did in Utah.

The weather has already been decently warm here in North Carolina.  I keep reminding myself that the rain will keep everything beautiful and green...  flowers are blooming and trees are budding.  The other week we had highs in the 80's.  I love it.  Next week I will go to the beach for a few days... the first of what I hope are NUMEROUS beach trips this summer.  I still cannot believe that we are already in April.  I still think of Mark often but the pain and regret are subsiding.  I still torture myself with musings about how happy I would be if I were celebrating my 3 month mark of being married...  but I'm getting better at not thinking about it too often and I guess the "getting over him" trend will continue as long as he doesn't show up and profess his love for me.  Ha ha ha (don't worry guys- it isn't going to happen).

I have a lot of life decisions to make in the next few months.  Where I will live, what I will do, how I will make this little life of mine in to something stable and worthwhile.  It is kind of scary to think that the decisions I make in the next year or so will probably determine where I will be and who I will be and what I will be doing for the next several years.  LDS General Conference is this weekend and I will have the great opportunity to hear beautiful and inspired speakers- I have resolved to pray in preparation and hopefully get an inkling of what would be the best path for me to take as I listen to these people give me messages.  We will see.  :-)   

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Yay for Micro Jake! We'll have to be exercise buddies once the baby comes. I've got a few pounds I need to lose too ;) Miss your face...we'll see ya next week, right?