Saturday, February 5, 2011

New Years 2010/2011

I know that I am way behind in my posting so I'm going to try to catch up in the next day or two.  :-)  So after Christmas there was, of course, New Years!  This year for New Years I decided that instead of staying home and falling asleep shortly before watching the ball drop on TV that I was going to go to a New Year's Dance.  The dance was up in the Raleigh area with the single adults of the area.  I wasn't terribly enthusiastic about the dance but I figured it would be nice to get out of the house and to meet some new people. 

I went up earlier in the day to spend some time with my older sister and her husband.  It was a lot of fun just kinda hanging out with them.  I really like my new brother-in-law.  He utterly cracks me up.  So it was fun hanging out with them.   A little later that evening Jacob's brother, sister-in-law, and niece showed up to hang out as well.  They have the most adorable baby girl named Chloe.  So I got to play with her and try to give the adults a little time and hang out and talk.  me and Chloe really bonded so when it was time for me to leave to go to the dance she was sad to see me go! 

So off I went to the dance!  When I got there it was a rather pathetic display: no one was dancing, there was only a handful of people there period, and the music was a bit hard to dance to.  I decided quickly that I wasn't going to let my evening go to an utter waste so I started socializing and trying to meet people.  I actually met a number of really sweet girls who are in my ward.  I went and spoke with the DJ and got him to play some more "dance-able" music and I systematically pulled the girls out on to the dance floor to try to liven up the party.  We actually ended up having a really fun time bopping the night away with some really sweet girls. 

We counted down the New Years with hats, horns, and other fun party favors and then sang Auld Lang Syne.  It was a nice evening although it was a little depressing not having the one that I love to kiss at mid-night.  Alas. 

No comments: