Well I am now officially back living in North Carolina. I'm currently living with my parents and I'm persuing an insurance license so that I'll be eligable to work for Nationwide Insurance as an agent. I already took the required class for the state licensing exam and passed the pre-test. I am currently registered to take the state licensing test next Tuesday early morning. If I pass- I'm sure you'll see a posting on it. If I fail and have to take it again, you likely will not hear anything about it. You know how it goes...
Living at home is a a blessing right now. I'm getting to spend some quality with my parents as well as with my sisters. In addition- I don't have to pay rent! My goodness it is nice to live in a nice, new house that is fully stocked with food and with nice things (foosball table baby!) and satelite TV. Trust me, I understand why so many kids live at home. But I do plan to move out as soon as I get stable and situated in my job- I like to feel independent.
The new job should be a good one. I've been working afternoons this week and next week I will start full time hours. The people I'll be working with are smart, funny, friendly, and know a lot about the business- so they will be excellent teachers (I have no doubt). I'm excited to hurry and get my state license so I can start learning the good stuff and the things that will help me suceed in the future. I'm looking forward to work- I really do think it will be a great work environment.
I am going through a bit of an adjustment. It is hard to go from being independent to living at home and being a bit more dependent on family. It is also hard to go from planning to get married to having people try to push you to jump head first into single's wards and a social life. I haven't been feeling terribly social lately, it might be a little while before I really feel like trying or doing much. I've tried to express that to people- so hopefully my parents and people will be patient with me. My heart still needs a little healing time.
1 comment:
Independence and a little bit of personal space! It's also hard to get married and be independent then move in with the in-laws... can't wait to get out!!
Post a Comment