Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life Changes

Well everyone, I have 2 big announcements.  Not necessarily the happiest of announcements but they are big ones nonetheless.

1) I am single once again.  That is correct.  I am no longer engaged or even dating.  It is a sad and long story but after a lot of soul searching and crying it was determined that it simply wasn't the right thing for us at this point in time. 

2) I am moving back to my home town in North Carolina.  I'm terribly nervous and can't believe that I have made such a big decision in such a short amount of time but I really feel that it is the right thing for me to do right now.  Actually, I'm terrified.  I'm terrified of moving across the country, of leaving all of the friends and the people I've known for the past 5 years, my jobs, all of the places I shop, all of the restaurants I like to eat at, all of the places I like to hang out at.  Did I mention all of the people I've known and spent time with for the past 5 years?

But I will be around my family!  And that is exciting and makes me happy... but I'm still nervous.  I'm planning to move home in about 2 weeks.  Yipes.  Is it really in only 2 weeks?  Well, there it is.  Crazy as it sounds in the past month or so some crazy life changes have come to pass.  I can't believe that come January I'll be single once again (I'm still sad about that) and living in North Carolina.

Oh how the times change things.

2 comments:

alishka babushka said...

oh sweetie. i am so sorry. that is so hard and i feel for you. lots. if you need help at all in the next two weeks (even if it's motivation to go to the gym or ice cream!) please call! i'm not going anywhere for thanksgiving so please...call me.

love you.

Shaylee said...

Courtney! I'm so sorry. I hope things work out for you!