We had the traditional "Walker Christmas Party" at my grandparent's house, which is out in the boon-docks of Beautancus, NC. It was so great to see all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins (at least on the Walker side) and to remember how crazy we all are. LoL One of my favorite parts of the whole thing was when we were leaving and mom got her car STUCK in the mud. Being the southern family that we are- we pulled her out using a tractor.


All through Christmas we were playing "Santa's Elves" and trying to do things for other people in order to keep the true meaning of Christmas (charity and giving) alive. When you serve others it really helps to make you happy and to keep the spirit of Christmas alive. I think it is a great tradition in our family to serve others around the holidays.
Christmas morning was a treat and as always... me and my sisters danced our way downstairs where I found that I had a brand new Wii! Woot woot! :-) Being able to spend 2 whole weeks with my family was an excellent Christmas present, but man that Wii came in a close second. I'm so excited for it. As seen below- our entire family (everyone from my dad to my cousin and grandma) got "in" to playing with it.
I got to meet Jacob Edwards- my sister's boyfriend of like 4-5 months. He's such a great guy and he seems to really care about my sister. I thought he fit rather nicely into our quirky family.
On Christmas day we had our traditional 25+ people over for lunch and together time. Most of the people who were there were family members but we also had the missionaries there. It is crazy and packed inside our house but it really wouldn't seem like Christmas without all the crazy hustle and bustle. I love going home! I love our traditions! I love my family! :-) Christmas 2009 was amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment