Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Orange isn't really my color...

So it was decided at the BYU bookstore (where I work) that in an effort to show a degree of "unity" that we would be wearing matching orange shirts during the busy times of the year (or about 4 times a year). Consequently, all last week I was ruthlessly compelled to wear a weird looking neon orange shirt with question marks all over it. Oh- but not only did we have to wear these crazy looking shirts... BUT we also only had one of these shirts apiece. So we either had to go home and wash them every night (not going to happen). or we had to wear the same, unwashed, shirt day after day for an entire week. And since I didn't have time to keep washing my shirt- I'm not going to lie, I was probably a little smelly by Thursday.

Ok, ok, I'll confess that they were kind of funny at times to wear. The shirts made for some rather funny pictures around the text floor. Also, it did make it a lot easier (from what I understand) for students and customers to know exactly who they were able to ask for help.

But still... *neon orange*? Come now. :-S At least they put a disclaimer on the back so that all of the customers knew where the employees stood on the matter. The bookstore is a great place to work... but they are getting a little ambitious in their new ideas. Or maybe it was a pretty good idea and I'm just a little embittered because orange just really isn't my color.

No comments: