This summer I had a first- I got to go on my first cruise! I must confess: I fricking loved that thing. It had shopping, comedy clubs, dancing, several pools, anything you could ever want to do on a vacation PLUS you got to see new places. Below is a picture of our boat! It was HUGE!
On the boat there was so much to do, see, eat, and participate in that you were never bored. We were on the cruise for 8 days and I still didn't have time to do everything I wanted. One thing I DID get to do was to learn a little about surfing. They had a surfing simulator that allowed you to learn. It was amazing! For anyone that knows me you will know that I am, and probably will always be PALE. LoL But this summer I am the most tan that I've ever been in my life thanks to all of the sun and water that I've been around.
I love to go jet skiing and before the cruise I think it had been a year or maybe even 2 years since I had been- but when we were in Haiti I was able to go jet skiing all around Haiti and the Dominican Republic. It was beautiful. It was also kind of neat because men in kayaks would paddle out and try to sell you things while you were out there. We went to 3 places: Haiti, Jamaica, and Mexico. I loved being able to see some amazing new places. The world is such an amazing place- traveling and seeing new things excites me and makes me happy.
We went to fancy dinners and amazing shows while on the boat too! This cruise ship prides itself on having revolutionary new things (for a cruise ship). They had ice shows, water shows, the Broadway musical HairSpray, and other interesting shows where they did neat things. Below is a picture of one show where they used acrobatics to have people walking up walls and upside down.
I had never been on a cruise before- I had heard people say that cruises aren't very fun unless you like to drink and/or gamble. However, they are SO wrong- this ship was amazing and there wasn't a single dull moment the entire time. The one draw-back was that I had limited to no access to my phone or internet. It just about drove me insane to be so disconnected... I'm not used to it these days! But in a weird way it was also nice and allowed me to spend some fun times with my family. :-) Loving the cruise ship baby! I need to plan a cruise with a big bunch of friends... anyone want to come?




1 comment:
who told you cruises aren't fun unless you drink?? I love cruises!! I've been dying to go on one in the bahamas or something!
Post a Comment